Pets Looking for Homes
Hello. Thank you for showing interest in adopting one of our beautiful rescued pets. Below you can see our current pets looking for forever homes and/or sponsorship. All our pets are here in the UK either in a foster home or at our Dogbus rescue kennels in Wolston Warwickshire.
Our adoption process is:
1.Complete an Interest in Adoption form found here or on the pets details below (please read required criteria for that pet before applying) or if none yet chosen please state this.
2. Wait to hear from our homechecking team to arrange a homecheck (please allow 7 days for contact) all members of the household need to be present for a homecheck.
3. Have a homecheck (roughly 60-90 mins) and if required provide a tenancy agreement confirming you are allowed pets in your home.
4. Receive a phone call or text to discuss your home check and suitability for adoption and to potentially arrange an appointment for a meet & greet at our barn in Warwickshire. (All resident dogs and resident children must attend this meet & greet).
5. View the available pets for adoption matching your discussed suitability.
6. All being well on the meet you may be able to take your pet home providing you have the suitable items needed listed below, Or the next day collection of your new pet can be arranged please discuss this on your meet appointment.
7.Read and sign the adoption agreement which is sent by email, then pay the adoption donation before collection, we do have a card machine at the barn.
Before picking up your new family member, you will need to buy an escape proof harness, lead, slip lead, collar and I.D tag.
Please also arrange suitable transport for the journey home i.e travel crate, harness and seat belt clip. (if you arrive without these items, sadly the pet will not be leaving with you)
All our pets are fully vaccinated, health checked, Pet passport where applicable. Are microchipped and neutered (age depending) also upto date with worming and flea treatments.
Each pet is adopted with 5 weeks free insurance via Agria (please note, you would not be able to claim on this policy for 2 weeks after adoption. YOU MUST search the market and purchase pet insurance in addition to this free insurance. Dogbus rescue will not cover any financial costs should your new family member have an accident or become ill after adoption)
Free nutritional food consultation from Husse and Oscar pet food. You are under no obligation to buy this food, however we highly recommend you take their advice to maintain a healthy balance diet for your loved one.
Microchip ownership transfer fees are included in our minimum adoption donation. We have no option but to charge the costs we are charged for this service. We register microchips with pettrac and petlog, both Defra approved databases. We dual register microchips. Microchip transfer is done automatically by us after 7 days.
If adopting a pet who is too young to be neutered, you will be required to complete this operation as soon as they are old enough. This is not optional, it is MANDATORY. No pet is to be bred from. legal action will be taken should you fail to comply with your neutering contract which could result in dogbus taking your pet back into rescue. The new adoptors are fully liable for any costs associated with the vets costs and legal action. We do not rehome to forever homes who have unneutered pets.
For UK and EU Dogs our Minimum Adoption Donation is currently £290.
Cats currently £90 (Effective from 11th April 2022)
This donation includes the cost of transferring the mircochip ownership over to you.
This is NON REFUNDABLE after 48 hours. TO BE PAID IN FULL BEFORE COLLECTION OF YOUR PET.